If you’re garage sale shopping this weekend, you’ll want to keep a few tips in mind to help you make the most of it:
- Make a plan. There are lots of garage sales going on. Find out when each garage sale starts and get there as early as you can.
- Bring supplies. A measuring tape, blankets, and rope or bungee cords will be necessary if you’re planning on taking home a large furniture item.
- Find out what they’re selling. Sometime garage sales will list some of their big-ticket items.
- Make a deal. Don’t be shy about negotiating the price.
- Bring food and water. You don’t want to be shopping on an empty stomach.
- Ask for a second opinion. Bring a friend with you, or take pictures and send them through text.
- Bring small bills and change. You never know what you might find, so having small bills to grab that $5 item will come in handy.
- Imagine the potential. Sometimes all an item needs is a coat of paint and it’ll look as good as new.
- Love it? Buy it! Chances are what you’re finding is a one-off, and you’re unlikely to find it somewhere else.
- Pay attention to the weather. Bring an umbrella if it might rain and wear sunscreen and a hat if it’s going to be hot.
Don’t forget to check out Canada’s largest garage sale hosted by Leon’s from Friday, July 31 to Monday, August 3. For more information and a chance to win a $150 gift card, check out our previous blog post – Leon’s Garage Sale ! And visit Leon’s website to find the store nearest you.Tweet