On Thursday, May 26th, Global News is encouraging you to join in on the fun and help make a difference in people’s lives by taking part in Greater Toronto Day.
Greater Toronto Day is about doing simple acts of kindness and any good deeds that will make the Greater Toronto Area a better place to live.
What Can You Do To Get Involved with Greater Toronto Day?
The best thing about Toronto is that we’re a big city with a huge sense of community. There’s no limit to what you can do to help out a neighbour, a friend, or a complete stranger!
Here’s a bunch of suggestions and ideas you can do to get involved with Greater Toronto Day:
- Take out your neighbour’s trash
- Buy the next person in line a coffee
- Donate to a food bank
- Donate used clothing to a charity
- Go to the park or walk down the street and throw away any litter in the garbage
- Give up your seat on the bus or subway to an expectant mother or elderly
- Offer a ride home to your colleagues who take the bus to work
- Give out sandwiches and bottles of water to the homeless
- Volunteer to carry an elderly person’s groceries to their place
- Hold the doors for people pushing strollers
- Take your neighbours dog for a walk
These simple acts of kindness can make a person’s day. It can even change their lives.
What’s In It For You?
Besides feeling good about helping others, you can share your good deed on Twitter and Facebook with hashtag #GreaterTorontoDay and you’ll automatically get a chance to win $1,000 to be donated to a local GTA charity of your choice.
Then on May 26th, tune into Global News and your good deed could be highlighted. So are you going to take part in Greater Toronto Day? Let us know your thoughts and watch and follow Global News throughout the day for special Greater Toronto Day coverage.