Loblaw Companies Limited is expanding convenience and choice for Ontario customers with the introduction of wine and beer on shelf in 20 locations, all the while continuing its commitment to equal representation for Ontario producers.
The select Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore, Zehrs, Your Independent Grocer, Fortinos and No Frills locations listed below are added to the original 19 stores licensed to sell beer and cider, increasing access for Loblaw customers in markets across the province.
“Ontarians come to our stores looking for outstanding flavours and meal inspiration,” said Grant Froese, Chief Operation Officer, Loblaw Companies Limited. “With more than 600 varieties of wine, beer and cider on our shelves, we are uniquely positioned to help them put a great meal on their table. Customers in 39 communities will have increased convenience. We applaud the government for making this possible, and we pledge our continued enthusiastic partnership as beer and wine become available in more grocery stores.”
While most locations have launched with a tailored selection, over the coming months the stores will stock more than 400 varieties of wine, 200 beer and 25 cider options, including local and regional favourites and must-try international products. Seven locations launch today with the full assortment, and will have a wine expert in the store during peak business hours to support customers looking for recommendations and food pairing ideas.
“When we rolled out beer in 2015, we committed to equal shelf space for domestic craft and multinational brands – to the benefit of our customers and small Ontario brewers,” said Greg Ramier, head of liquor sales at Loblaw Companies Limited. “We look forward to giving customers access to great Ontario wines, and giving great Ontario wines access to new customers.”
“We applaud Loblaw’s commitment to Ontario VQA wineries and its proactive efforts to provide our sector with new retail opportunities,” said Richard Linley, President, Wine Council of Ontario. “We look forward to working with Loblaw to continue to drive interest in VQA wines across the province.”
The following stores will now stock wine and beer on shelf (the first seven will have the full assortment today):
- Ottawa: Loblaws College Square Market, 1980 Baseline Rd.
- Toronto: Loblaws, 2877 Bayview Village
- Toronto: Loblaws, 11 Redway Rd. (Millwood & Laird)
- Kanata: Loblaws, 200 Earl Grey Dr.
- Caledonia: Zehrs, 322 Argyle St. S
- Brampton: Fortinos, 35 Worthington Ave.
- Leamington: Real Canadian Superstore, 201 Talbot St. E
- Listowel: Zehrs, 600 Mitchell Rd, Hwy 23 S.
- Port Elgin: Rowland’s Your Independent Grocer, 1244 Goderich St.
- Chelmsford: Chartrand’s Your Independent Grocery, 4764-17 Regional Road 15
- Toronto: Loblaws Empress Market, 5095 Yonge St
- Toronto: Real Canadian Superstore, 2549 Weston Rd.
- Port Credit: Loblaws, 250 Lakeshore Rd. W.
- Kingsville: Zehrs, 300 Main St. E.
- Hearst: Rocheleau Your Independent Grocer, 1521 Highway 11 W.
- *Renfrew: Sterling’s No Frills, 680 O’Brien Rd.
- *Kemptville: Jonsson’s Your Independent Grocer, Kemptville Mall Hwy. 43 W.
The below locations will stock wine and beer by the end of 2016:
- Vaughan: Fortinos, 2911 Major Mackenzie Dr.
- Vaughan: Fortinos, 3940 Highway 7 R.R #2 (Hwy 7 and Ansley)
- Stoney Creek: Fortinos, 21 Upper Centennial Pkwy S.
In addition, the following two stores will now sell beer and cider:
- Bowmanville: Loblaws Bowmanville Market, 2375 Highway #2
- Wasaga Beach: Real Canadian Superstore, 25-45th Street South