Spring is JUST around the corner and I can hardly wait. To celebrate, Shopper’s Drug Mart is throwing an incredible day of pampering!
On April 30th, Shoppers Drug Mart stores across the country are throwing an in-store Spring Beauty Gala. Gala guests will enjoy complementary makeovers, skincare consultations, free samples, refreshments and snacks.
Funds raised at locations in the Prairies and Atlantic Canada will benefit Beauty Gives Back, a charitable initiative of the Canadian beauty industry, dedicated to helping women beat the Cancer Blues.
How can you attend? Just swing by your local Shopper’s Drug Mart and talk to a beauty expert to get your ticket! Tickets are only $10 – and the best part? $5 of the ticket is donated to a charitable organization. The remaining $5 is redeemable on any purchase made at Shoppers Drug Mart during the event!
About Look Good Feel Better
Look Good Feel Better is Canada’s only charitable cancer program dedicated to empowering women to manage the effects that cancer and its treatment can have on their appearance. At the heart of Look Good Feel Better is the free, 2 hour hands-on workshop offered at 120 cancer care facilities and hospitals across the country. Since its inception, it is estimated that Look Good Feel Better has helped hundreds of thousands of women across the country.
What is The Cancer Blues? It’s a term for the emotional distress caused by cancer and its treatment. The Cancer Blues is a huge and overlooked part of the cancer story. For the majority of women, a cancer diagnosis unleashes as many emotional symptoms as physical ones.
. Visit http://www.beautygivesback.ca/ to learn more about this great cause! #SDMBeautyGala
Save the Date! Apr 27 at 8pm is our Twitter Party, where you can join us to learn more about this fab event and the great cause it benefits!
Twitter Party Details
Date: April 27th, 2016
Time: 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
Moderators: @BGBCanada @LGFBCanada @SherryLAbbott
Prizing: 5 (five) $100 Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Cards
Read the official contest rules here
About the Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Gala’s
- This is the fifth year Shoppers Drug Mart LOVE.YOU. has launched the National Beauty Galas in support of women’s health. The Beauty Gala is a one day event to help raise funds for The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation in Ontario, British Columbia and Yukon; Beauty Gives Back in Alberta, Atlantic and Prairies and finally, Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation in Quebec.
- In 2015 the national Galas raised over $1.7 million dollars in support of women’s health. This year, a summer gala will be introduced, resulting in three galas total, to further support women’s health throughout Canada.
- As a result of the funds raised through the Beauty Galas, travelling mammography units for breast cancer screening in communities across BC is now possible; In Ontario, funds support the development of an online decision-aid tool to help women make an informed and empowered decision about breast screening; Alberta, Atlantic and Prairies support Beauty Gives Back, the home of the Look Good Feel Better program and charitable foundation of Canada’s beauty industry; and in Quebec, funds support women who face financial difficulties while they undergo treatment for breast cancer.
- The Beauty Galas give customers a chance to personally indulge and positively impact the health of women
- Event activities including, skin analysis and makeup applications as well as special draws and raffles. Tickets are available for $10 and can be purchased at your local Shoppers Drug Mart. Half ($5) of each ticket sold will be donated to the charity supported, while the remaining $5 is redeemable on any cosmetic purchase made at Shoppers Drug Mart during the event.
- The Shoppers LOVE. YOU. portfolio gathers resources and expertise from supported partners at leading women’s health organizations across Canada helping women stay focused on making their own health a priority.