This is my 3rd Toshiba laptop. In 2001, I was proud owner of the Toshiba Portege 3480 CT which was the smallest and powerful laptop on the market at that time. In 2005 I upgraded to Toshiba Portégé M200 Tablet PC, an extraordinary tablet and PC combination. Now in 2011, thanks to Toshiba (thank you soooo much Toshiba) I am a proud owner of a Toshiba Portege Z830. And in true Toshiba fashion – this laptop delivers in so many ways.
I must also thank Intel for creating Core iX technology and the Ultrabook series and to Toshiba of course for creating this masterpiece.
What do I think about this Toshiba Z830. I LOVE IT! Why? Let me counts the ways.
1. Looks. Man is this one slick, sexy looking laptop. No plastic crap for this laptop. It is made of magnesium.
2. Backlit key pad. I have always wanted this feature. My boyfriend can’t sleep with the lights so I have not been able to work away in bed while I watch late night television. Not anymore. Also during the next power failure i will be able to work in the dark.
3.Spill proof key pad. As a person who eats while I work, I must admit I spill many things on my laptop. Coffee, tea, soup etc. Now I can spill and not freak out.
4. Speed. Man is this laptop fast! As a woman I am a multi-tasker. Typically I have MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SnagIt, Skype and other programs open. As for browsing I have Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome and between 10-20 tabs for each one – really). It does not never slow down. Just LOVE THAT!
5. Light. Despite being a full-sized, 13.3-inch computer, Toshiba’s Ultrabook weighs just 2.5 pounds and only 0.63 inches thick.
6. Durable. I am not very easy on my clothes, my shoes and definitely not my laptops. I quickly shut down and run…. this is me. Close lid, pull out power cord, external mouse and keyboard – shove into my purse and run to my next meeting. Then I flip open and it powers up quickly.
If you are looking to purchase a laptop for Christmas, be sure to put Toshiba Z830 on your list. Or quickly write a letter to Santa.
Since I love my Toshiba Z830 so much I decided to change my avatar on my social networks. What do you think?