With the launch of their new #BrightWayForward campaign, Tangerine is moving beyond the financial world and looking for ways to help Canadians across all aspects of life. One of their main priorities is investing in youth across the country to create brighter futures.
Teaming up with Canadian basketball legend and 7-time NBA All-Star Steve Nash for the launch, #BrightWayForward was created in the belief that building up confident, optimistic individuals who take positive action in their lives will help form the backbone of strong communities. Tangerine will support programs that inspire self-esteem, teamwork and leadership and encourage a sense of belonging and acceptance – essential ingredients to creating a bright way forward today and tomorrow. Putting this plan in motion, last Sunday March 29, Tangerine took to the courts with 150 kids at the Robert Lee YMCA of Greater Vancouver for a fun afternoon of basketball and life-skills workshop for kids aged 9-13, in partnership with Canada Basketball and UNITY.
To help kick off the program in the East Coast, Tangerine is working with the United Way Toronto and the following community organizations to help make a difference:
- ACCES Employment – empowers job seekers from diverse backgrounds who are facing barriers to employment.
- FoodShare – advocates for equal access to healthy food; works with schools and communities to deliver healthy food and food education.
- UNITY Charity – uses the arts to empower youth with the confidence and skills for success.
- YMCA of Greater Toronto – focuses on providing every individual in the community with opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership.
- Youth Without Shelter – an emergency residence and referral agency that provides homeless youth aged 16-24 with empowering support programs in a safe environment.
Through its work with these respected organizations as well as Canada Basketball and Steve Nash Youth Basketball, Tangerine hopes to leverage the optimism and inclusiveness that Canadians are known for to create a positive impact today, while also inspiring others to get involved tomorrow – creating momentum that will empower people for years to come.
To learn more about Tangerine’s sponsorship and community investment activities, please visit brightwayforward.ca.
Tangerine is a direct bank that delivers simplified everyday banking to Canadians. With more than 1.9 million clients and close to $38 billion in total assets, we are Canada’s leading direct bank. Tangerine offers banking that is flexible and accessible, products and services that are innovative, fair fees, and award-winning client service. From no-fee daily chequing and high-interest savings accounts, GICs, RSPs, TFSAs, mortgages and mutual funds, Tangerine has the everyday banking products Canadians need. With over 1,000 employees in Canada, our presence extends beyond our website and Mobile Banking app to our 24/7 Contact Centres and our Café locations. Tangerine was launched as ING DIRECT Canada in 1997. In 2012 it was acquired by Scotiabank, and operates independently as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
Follow them on Twitter @TangerineBank.