Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Tangerine Bank. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.
I love the city. I live in Toronto, and thought I would remain here, in my Toronto home until my end. I have been rethinking that lately. My lot is 40 feet wide and 200 feet long. I have a backyard, and a small garden.
A friend of mine who is now an empty nester, sold her home in Toronto and moved 1.5 hours away. She went from a moderately large home in Toronto to a home with 5 acres of land and a house that looks like it should be in a magazine. She also has a pool, a 3 car garage and so much more. All this for less than half of the price of their Toronto home.
Good thing we purchased our home so long ago. So along ago I don’t want to include the year. As an investment, Toronto real estate, if you got in early has paid off handsomely.
Is it time to sell the house in Toronto and move outwards? Is it too late, now that it seems so many as leaving the city right now. Is it best to stay in the city and pray there is no housing bubble? Should we consider a second property outside the city? Will I regret a move – say in a years time?
Questions to ask myself
- Can a city girl find a country home and be happy there all year long?
- Will I be able to give up walking to a local restaurant or grocery store?
- After COVID-19 will everyone want to move back to their city homes?
- It is best to keep my city home and try and purchase a second home- if it is affordable?
- With most of my family and friends in the city, will it be difficult to leave them behind?
- Is it time to winterize the cottage instead of moving?
Steps to take if you are buying a home?
Now it is time to walk through the home buying process. Buying a home doesn’t have to be complicated. By breaking down the home buying process into simple steps, it becomes a lot simpler. Do you know the 10 steps to buying a home when you’re a first-time homebuyer? Read this article from Tangerine Bank to find out more!
If you want to talk about the home-buying journey, and about mortgages, then join us for the Tangerine Bank Twitter Chat on Monday April 19, 2021.
Mortgage Savvy Twitter Chat Details
Date: Monday, April 19, 2021
Time: 8:00pm – 9:00pm ET
Host: Tangerine Bank @Tangerinebank
Guest: George Kibalian
Moderator: ShesConnected @ShesConnected
Rules and Regs: Click here to view
Anyone can participate in the Tangerine Bank #MortgageSavvy Twitter Chat, however, only Canadians excluding those in the province of Quebec can answer questions.
Mortgage Savvy Twitter Chat Questions
- What are your top considerations in a home search? (e.g. location, property type, features, etc.) Have you separated out your needs from your wants?
- Is there anything you find confusing about mortgages, and if so, what? Do you feel confident and well-prepared about shopping for or renewing a mortgage?
- Have you ever checked your credit score? What impact do you think it has on your ability to get approved for a mortgage?
- Do you know how much you can afford to pay for a home (purchase price), and how much you can afford to borrow (mortgage)?
- What’s most important to you when you’re looking for a mortgage?
- What are some ways to come up with a down payment? Do you know how much your down payment would need to be?
- Do you know the difference between mortgage default insurance and mortgage life insurance?
- Have you considered the costs that come with home ownership?
- Do you know what closing costs include? Do you know how much you’ll need to save to cover them?
Connect with Tangerine Bank!
Visit the Tangerine Bank website
Read the Tangerine Bank Blog
Follow Tangerine Bank on Twitter
Like Tangerine Bank on Facebook
Follow Tangerine Bank on Instagram
Subscribe to Tangerine Bank on YouTube