I did it!
In mid-May, I decided to mark Saturday, June 1, 2019, as the day I would start running again. Like most people, I prefer the outdoors to a treadmill. I find the treadmill oh so boring! I find the treadmill boring even if I am watching a show or movie. I just don’t like the treadmill. Full disclosure – that was my excuse during the colder months. So in June, with the warmer weather, I had no more excuses. While the first run of the season is always the most difficult, I was feeling super motivated. I got my running gear on, my headset with a new running playlist and was on my merry way. I struggled a bit, and wanted to stop several times – but I didn’t. At the end of my run, I felt incredible! I also wanted to be sure that I was okay for the upcoming BioSteel Women’s Day!
This year I am also taking a more serious approach to my health. I am getting older and need to take the time to devote to my personal well-being. This approach includes making sure that I am preparing my body for my workouts. More specifically before, during and after my workouts. I now realize how important it is to prepare your body. Good nutrition can help your body perform better and recover faster after each workout.
- Pre-workout: Protein and Hydration
- During workout: Hydration
- Post workout: Protein for recovery
I like to run in the morning after I wake up, so I enjoy plain greek yogurt with a banana. I also make sure I hydrate. Hydration is key! I stay away from sugary drinks and juices when I do.
I drink BioSteel sports hydration mix for the following reasons:
- Delivers clean, healthy hydration
- Created to boost healthy energy, deliver optimal hydration, reduce fatigue, and boost your mental acuity
- Originally developed just for the pros but was too good not to share.
- Contains no sugar and no preservatives. Some things were never meant to be in a sports drink
- Other sports drinks contain over 36 grams of sugar per bottle. That’s 36 grams MORE than what’s in BioSteel bottles
- Contains B vitamins. B Vitamins play a vital role & have a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism. It contains a combination of 10 different B Vitamins, all of which have varied and great benefits.
- Is #VEGAN! (so my Vegan friends can also enjoy)
- Great tasting flavours including Lemon-Lime, Orange, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Mixed Berry, and their newest – watermelon!
- It also comes in various sizes: 140 gram tub, 315 gram tub, 700 gram tub or singles for when you are on the go!
A common mistake made in fitness is ignoring post-workout nutrition. But how do you expect your muscles to repair? Post-workout nutrition is key. Some people skip post-exercise nutrition to avoid those extra calories, but you need it to refuel your body! Your body is always recovering, but there is a window of opportunity where we should prioritize post-workout nutrition! Make sure to eat within a 2-hour period of your workout if possible and I like to drink a protein shake.
BioSteel Sports Advanced Recovery Formula
BioSteel’s Advanced Recovery Formula (ARF) promotes optimal recovery after intense workouts by providing both time-released protein and essential carbs, which help to replenish vital glycogen (energy) stores and minimize muscle breakdown when your body needs it most. it comes in three delicious flavours: Vanilla, Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
I like BioSteel protein powder for the following reasons:
- Protein is essential for building, restoring, and maintaining your body
- Protein powders are a fast, convenient way to deliver this nutrition
- BioSteel Protein is a lean and clean protein
- Non-GMO, naturally flavoured, and hormone and gluten-free
- Have digestive enzymes and boosting ingredients such as glutamine that help you and your body break down protein properly. If you’ve had stomach issues with protein before – our protein powders are the way to go.
- With 24 grams of protein, adding in a quick scoop will automatically upgrade any smoothie.
- BioSteel’s Whey Protein Isolate is grass fed and hormone free with natural flavours and colours. It provides high quality and highly bioavailable protein to maximize your performance
- BioSteel Whey Protein Isolate has a blend of enzymes which are known to help optimal digestion and absorption of proteins, for those looking to easily add a clean source of protein to their diet.
- It is a protein blend of the highest quality sources of protein. Whey Protein Isolate + Whey Protein Hydrolysate + Whey Protein Concentrate = BioSteel Whey Protein Blend
Good nutrition can help your body perform better and recover faster after each workout. Are you satisfied with your nutrition?
#BioSteelWomen Twitter Chat
Join us for the annual @BioSteelWomen for Women Twitter Chat as we celebrate BioSteel Women’s Day!
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019
Time: 8:00pm ET- 9:00pm ET
Prizing: $500in prizing!